I am a photographer from Madrid who has been living in Dublin, Ireland, for the past 20 years. Through both my colour and black and white work I like to capture urban scenes that range from depictions of everyday life in the more classic tradition of street photography to more introspective abstract works.
I have been participating in the Street Photography Now Community project, which has helped me greatly in the development of my own personal style, and more recently I became a member of the team of Street&Repeat in flickr. In May 2014 I was delighted to be included in a list of 25 inspirational ladies of Street Photography! (check it out here). I also teach Street Photography Courses at The Darkroom. Check this link for details and for more info or to book please email email@example.com
I started taking photographs in 2009 with a digital camera, but since January 2012 I started exploring the possibilities of film and nowadays I mainly work in this medium for both my colour and black and white work. Thanks to the courses I completed in The Darkroom I am also able to produce my own unique silver gelatin prints in my own darkroom.
I run the Smena Photographic Society, a group dedicated to sharing photographic skills through outdoor photowalk meetings, indoor workshops and other activities. I’m also in the admin team of Street Photography Ireland on facebook.
I’m also in the committee of the Harold’s Cross Festival and I organize a photowalk and a photography exhibition for it every year.
If you’d like to contact me to acquire signed prints of my photographs or for any commissions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of my photographs are also available for sale at:
– getty images
All photographs are copyright © Esther Moliné. All rights reserved. Do not copy or reproduce without prior written permission.
– 16 September 2016: Participated in group exhibition for Culture Night at the Darkroom.
– 18 September 2015. Participated in The Darkroom at Block T group exhibition for Culture Night 2015 with a handmade darkroom print of this image.
– 10-30 September 2015: I donated a framed print of this photograph to the 2015 Scoop Foundation Art Charity auction and exhibition. My work will be exhibited in the Lighthouse Cinema in Smithfield along with other 64 artworks and will be auctioned on the 30th of September in the Third Space cafe in Smithfield. More info here.
– 14-27 August 2015: Participated in the ‘iStreet Photography Exhibition’ with this image. The exhibition featured over 50 Irish and International photographers at Sol Art Gallery (8 Dawson Street Dublin)
– 1-31 May 2015: ‘Lost and Found… upon the ground’ duo exhibition with Mary O’Neill at the Brick House cafe, as part of the Harold’s Cross Festival. Also as part of this festival I had some photographs displayed in the group photowalk exhibitions I organized for the Noshington and Black Apple cafes in Harold’s Cross.
-11-25 April 2015: Black and white Dublin solo exhibition in Fontana Cafe, 21 Camden Street Lower.
– Ongoing: some of my colour photographs of Dublin, including my entry to the Irish Street Photography exhibition (see below), are currently on display at the Yoga Hub (27 Camden Place, Dublin).
– 15-22 August 2014: Participated in the first Irish Street Photography Exhibition with this photograph, which was also featured in APF magazine.
– 11 August-6 September 2014: One photograph from the Analogue 2 exhibition below in group exhibition in Third Space Cafe, Smithfield, Dublin. More details here.
– 28 July-4 August 2014: ‘Street scenes’ entry to Analogue 2, a group exhibition at the Block T Darkroom: Three 35mm black and white film street photographs taken in Dun Laoghaire, Grafton street and Temple Bar, developed and printed by myself in the Block T darkroom.
– 13-14 June 2014: ‘Shadows at Harold’s Cross’ entry to the Scoop Foundation Art Charity Exhibition and Auction, held in Filmbase.
– 6-11 May 2014: Group exhibition at the Black Apple Cafe, which I also curated, and which was part of the 2014 Harold’s Cross Festival.
– 6th March 2014: Group exhibition for the Block T Darkroom launch. I exhibited silver gelatin prints of two photographs I took in Madrid in May 2013.
– 12 October 2013: ‘Morning breeze’ entry to the Scoop Foundation art charity auction, held in Filmbase.
– 20th September 2013-22 February 2014: ‘Images of Dublin and Spain’ at the Brick Alley Cafe, 25 Essex St East, Temple Bar (Dublin).
– 30 January-September 2013: ‘Visions of Dublin’ exhibition at the Brick Alley Cafe, 25 Essex St East, Temple Bar (Dublin).
– 10-16 May 2013: ‘Images of Harold’s Cross’ exhibition at the Black Apple Cafe, as part of Harold’s Cross Festival 2013. Extended till 24 May
– 9-15 March 2013: ‘Looking down’ entry in group exhibition by the Smena Photographic Society in Pearse Library, Dublin.
– 26 September-14 October 2012: ‘Topsy-Turvy’entry to the Scoop Foundation art charity exhibition and auction.
– 21-23 September 2012: ‘Street moments’ entry to the ‘Analogue’ exhibition in Block T which was featured in Culture Night Dublin. It consisted of three photographs (‘Counterpoint’, ‘Over there’ and ‘U are alive’) taken in Dublin in June 2012 with a Fujica ST605N 35mm camera using black and white film and they were the first photographs developed and printed by myself during a darkroom course I attended in Block T in July 2012.
– See more information about other exhibitions in my facebook page.
– July 2016: Some of my photographs were published in a special issue on Dublin of Street_Spot magazine.
– April 2016: One of my photographs of Madrid was published on the front cover of the poetry book ‘Anónimos’ by Carlos Tejero.
– 9 January 2016: This photograph was published in the Home section of the Irish Independent weekend magazine, as part of an article on art to hang in your home.
– November 2015: This photograph was published in a special printed limited edition of issue 5 of The Fix Analogue Photography Magazine.
– August 2015: Some of my photographs were published in a Street Photography Essay in the Edge of Humanity Magazine.
– April 2015: Interview and photo spread in issue 20 of Inspired Eye Magazine. This photograph was also featured on the front cover of this issue.
– March 2015: Produced a handmade self published dummy photobook of my project in 35mm black and white film ‘Five Streets’ during a workshop with Read That Image.
– February 2015: Spread on my Diana F+ black and white analogue work published in the second issue of The Fix Analogue Photography Magazine.
– I regularly have photographs published in various publications, including Ireland Lonely Planet travel guides, through my Getty Images licensed work.
– June 2014: Photographs published in the printed Annual Report 2013 of Our Lady’s Hospice, Harold’s Cross (inside cover, pages 2, 14, 34, 54). Also Blackrock Hospice Little Flower of Life Card.
– May 2014: Included in a list of 25 Inspirational Ladies of Street Photography by Streethunters.net.
– May 2013, 2014: Various photographs published in the printed programme for the Harold’s Cross Festival
– February 2013: Photo ‘Rainy Ha’Penny’ published to illustrate a poem by Gearóid De Biotún in February 2013 issue of Irish language magazine Comhar Iris Na Gaeilge.
– October 2012: Contribution to Tinderbox Network art book collaboration ‘Gods and Monsters of Tomorrow’ with my photograph ‘Upside down world’. Published by Cardboard Press in association with Monsters of Tomorrow Press.
– February 2012: Front covers of novels ‘Un revólver en la maleta’, by Felix Angel Moreno Ruiz and ‘Olivas negras’, by Manuel del Pino. Published by Editorial Cuadernos del Laberinto.
– November 2011: Dublin Graffiti Walkers (Blurb book)
– September 2011: photo of Máire Una Ní Bheaglaoich on the cover of ‘Ceol on Sráid’ CD:
– October 2010: ‘Artestilo’ photo published in the Blurb book ‘Inspirations Vis a Vis’ by Sara G. Umemoto.